Wednesday, August 22, 2007

FANTASIA SAYS 'THE COLOR PURPLE' ROLE IS MENTALLY/PHYSICALLY EXHAUSTING: 'I'M BEING TOLD EVERYDAY THAT I'M UGLY.'

You’d think the hectic, sleep-deprived, roller coaster schedule of American Idol would’ve conditioned Fantasia Barrino to handle a Broadway schedule with relative ease. But that’s not the case. In fact, she says her starring role in The Color Purple is “kicking her butt” from every direction. “I ain't never heard the sleep word so much in my life until I got on Broadway,' she tells the Associated Press. 'I'm so tired - mentally tired, physically tired.'

Fantasia says the show’s subject matter is equally as draining. 'Miss Celie takes a lot out of me,' she says. 'I'm being told everyday that I'm ugly. ... you can't play the part if you don't kind of put yourself in her shoes and live her life. So it's like, I carry that stuff with me. I put myself in her shoes in having (daughter) Zion at such a young age and dropping out of school and being in just bad relationships and disrespected,' she says. “I just feel like God won't put too much on me than I can bear. As long as I feel like I'm touching somebody ... as long as I'm blessing somebody, I know that I'll be blessed.'

The singer believes in the saying “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger,” and has applied the logic to her run in the stage play.'It's teaching me discipline,' says Fantasia, who believes she'll be a new woman when it's over. 'I won't look at things the same. After doing Broadway, you can do anything.”


SOURCE: eurweb.com




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Tasia i know she got to be tired, but she is doing her thing on Broadway. I saw the play and she was outstanding.

ddeendallas said...

I am so happy for her!!!!



But um she need to stop acting like that is the first time she was called ugly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro