Monday, August 13, 2007

IMAN, KIMORA, ALEK WEK & TYRA PHOTOSPREAD IN EBONY MAGAZINE

THIS WOULD'VE BEEN 8 HOURS AGO, BUT I GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY IN MY 'I'M SERIOUS ABOUT MY SHIT' BLOG ENTRY.
Supermodels Tyra Banks, Alek Wek, Kimora Lee Simmons and Iman grace the cover of Ebony magazine's September issue. In this issue, Ebony's creative director, Harriette Cole, explains why these 4 ladies--who aren't just supermodels, but are also serious, don't-play-with-my-money businesswomen as well as philanthropists--were chosen and the reasons Naomi Campbell couldn't join her fellow sorority of supermodels on the cover of what will soon become Ebony's most talked about and fashionable covers of 2007.

Black is beautiful. Yes, indeed.

Enjoy the pics and don't hesitate to leave a comment. ;)







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful black women!

I'm kind of shocked at how tyra's legs look in that last picture. A top model would never allow her legs to be photographerd in an unflattering manner (LOL!) And I had no idea Iman was that thin. She is timeless.

matt williams said...

I love this cover,except I would of added Berverly Johnson, Lila Kebede and of course the one and only Naomi Campbell.

matt williams said...

Nice blog by the way.

Anonymous said...

Why does Tyra look isolated fromthe others in all the pics?

Anonymous said...

i was think the same thing heart of ny. looks like the top model photo shoot where they take individual pics and blend them together electronically. its almost like tyra was a second choice they added in when naomi was available... whoops, didn't mean to type that out loud...

Anonymous said...

I think they all look beautiful. I do agree with some of the comments about Tyra not looking close to the other women. It's a trip isn't it, how we can read things into a little space between two people? Here's my question though (excuse me for my ignorance) Komora is NOT black correct? Is she mixed with black? Russell being excluded of course. She's a lovely girl, but I can think of SEVERAL beautiful black women who could make the cut.

Ameerah CAP Pearman said...

One thing Tyra teaches is to stand out in a group shot. Honestly, the first person I see whenever I look at this picture is Tyra. She commanded that pic from her facial expression to her choice of pose.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro