Monday, March 3, 2008

A 3rd REMATCH BETWEEN EVANDER HOLYFIELD & MIKE TYSON COULD BE IN THE WORKS.....IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT.

Evander Holyfield said he and Mike Tyson are discussing the possibility of fighting each other for a third time, the Guardian newspaper reported, citing an interview with the four-time heavyweight boxing champion. Holyfield, 45, said Tyson approached him via an intermediary to discuss a rematch, the Guardian reported. Their second fight in 1997 ended in controversy when Tyson was disqualified for twice biting Holyfield, on one occasion tearing off a chunk of his ear.

``There has been some talk between us,'' the Guardian cited Holyfield as saying. "Mike had Jeff Fenech, who's been training him, call me a few months ago. Jeff says Mike wants to fight me again - but he needs to know if I would agree to it. I said, 'It all depends on what they are going to give us - because I'm gonna catch a lot of flak if I say I'm fighting Mike Tyson again. I've already said I don't want to fight Mike no more'. Jeff says, 'What if Mike gets in proper shape?' I told him that's OK but I can't be part of it if Mike's going to pull out. Jeff said, 'The main thing Mike wants to know is if you would be willing to fight him again?' I said, 'Yeah, if the price is right, I probably would'."

Holyfield knocked out Tyson when they first fought in 1996 and has a professional boxing record of 42-9-2. Tyson became the youngest heavyweight champion in 1986 when he beat Trevor Berbick at age 20. Now 41, Tyson last fought in June of 2005, when he quit during the seventh round of a bout against Kevin McBride to leave his record at 50-6.
....

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike is to fat and out of shape to be fighting anybody.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro