Friday, June 6, 2008

PERSIA WHITE TIES THE KNOT WITH FORMER 'GIRLFRIENDS' GUEST-STAR; EXPRESSES THANKS TO FANS.

Former Girlfriends star Persia White (Lynn Searcy) recently married her longtime boyfriend and 'verbal stylist' (poet/musician/actor) Saul Williams on February 29, 2008 which also happens to be his birthday. If his face looks familiar to you all it's because he also guest-starred on several episodes of Girlfriends as Sivad, Lynn's celibate boyfriend who she tried oh so hard to bed down. The couple, who each have a daughter (Persia's daughter, Mecca and Saul's daughter, Saturn--pictured below) from previous relationships spent their honeymoon in Morocco. Congratulations to the newlyweds. Persia revealed the news of their nuptials on her Myspace.com page:

"I danced inside the pages of my book alone for many years. I opened myself up many times to love but I was never filled. I didn't know how, or if I ever would find my other whole -not half-because I knew that what I was seeking had 2 centers and 3 moons. A place where Mecca cold run to Saturn and dance in swirls of light. I was searching for my ONE. The one I searched for was in my life. We had been "friends" for many years. A time to grow and love each other with out being lovers. I loved him before I knew him. my HUSBAND. February 29th 2008~ I married Saul Williams." Click here to read entire excerpt


Persia also sent a message expressing her thanks to all of those loyal, die-hard, true to the game fans of Girlfriends. Read what she had to say by clicking 'READ MORE AFTER THE JUMP!'
"As some of you know, after 8 years Girlfriends has come to an end..... :( I will miss my Girlfriends family and all the crazy fun that went with being Lynn. Most of all I will miss YOU, the fans. You have been with me through the years and I am forever thankful, because without you a girl like me would not have a home on prime time TV. thank YOU, thank you, AND THANK YOU!!!! As with all change, I look for the good and anticipate the beauty of what is to come."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like them together. they are so sexy. they seem a perfect match.

Anonymous said...

*****UM, I WOULDN'T SAY THEY ARE 'SEXY', BUT THEY DO LOOK LIKE THEY BELONG TOGETHER. THEY BOTH LOOK LIKE THEY VACATION ON ANOTHER PLANET, BUT AT LEAST THEY'RE HAPPY. WHATEVS*****

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro