Wednesday, July 30, 2008

BEHIND-THE-SCENE PICS FROM ANGELA & VANESSA SIMMONS 'CENTER OF ATTENTION' COMMERCIAL/MUSIC VIDEO.

About two weeks ago, (I told you all ) that Angela Simmons new music video/commercial Center of Attention (click here to watch it) would make its debut on Angela and her sister Vanessa's (official website). I'd forgotten all about the it's July 24th premiere until I saw my 8-year-old niece's Girl Scout t-shirt (the same shirt you see Vanessa wearing in a Girl Scout ad in my aforementioned post). Anyhoo, I just finished watching the video and I love it! Angela proves that rhyming skills do indeed flow heavily in the Simmons' gene pool. What I loved the most about it is that it's suitable for any girl --especially Girl Scouts--to watch and emulate. It's cute and adorable and at the same time it's also brash and sassy. To say these girls are well aware on how to market themselves as well as their brand would be an understatement. I don't want to give too much away so I'll be brief: the video, set in a house party-like atmosphere, shows Angela who goes from 'Rebecca' the geek-girl to 'Jaime' the glamor-chick. And a glamor chick wouldn't be too glamorous without a fine piece of male specimen on her arm, right? That's where House of Payne co-star and Eva Marcille's boo Lance Gross comes in. But don't take my word for it, watch it for yourself and tell me what you think.

The Simmons sisters released the song Center of Attention in an effort to promote Pastry's newest sneaker, Glam Pie. "Wearing Glam Pie will make you the 'Center of Attention,' says Angela who developed the shoe along with Vanessa. I agree. These girls are truly positive role models.

PEEP PICS FROM THE BEHIND-THE-SCENES FOOTAGE OF THE COMMERCIAL/MUSIC VIDEO BELOW & AFTER THE JUMP!





DON'T FORGET! MORE PICS AFTER THE JUMP!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW THE VIDEO IS CUTE BUT I HONESTLY CAN'T SEE HER MAKING A CAREER AS A RECORDING ARTIST. SHE SHOULD STICK TO WHAT SHE DOES BEST. HOWEVER I CAN SEE YOUNG GIRLS RESPONDING POSITIVELY TO THIS.

Anonymous said...

These girls and those Sister Sister twins who my daughers and 2 nieces just adore are young women our little girls should look up to. You never hear any bad press about them unlike some other celebrities.

In Angie and Nessa's case they're making their own money when it could be so easy for them to live off of dad and Uncle Russell. That's a good look. I'd rather have my kids look up to them than that Hanna Montana and Zoey 101 chick. Raven Symone, that Akeelah the Bee girl and that Journey girl are also included on my list.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. The video could've been a little better though. Kinda typical.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first poster. It's alright to try new things but if you've found your niche stick to it

Cause if I EVER see Vanessa in front of somebody's camera doing what she calls acting I'mma scream. She was horrible on Guiding Light.

Just horrible. But I still APPLAUD them for being such positive role models for our girls. Rev. Run and their mothers did a splendid job raising them.

Anonymous said...

Nepotism is why they have what they have but Im glad they're actually working.

Where are these shoes for sale, only NY, Phili, Cali? Bc no 1 I know where the overprices sketcher look alike shoes. Yet somehow they made $25mill of the shoes.

I wonder if Angela will stay real or if she'll cut her nose? I love love love that Tameka Cottle(tiny of Xscape) has stayed true with he giant pig nose.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro