Wednesday, September 24, 2008

JADA PINKETT SMITH ON BEING THREATENED BY A CRAZED WILL FAN; OPENS UP ON LESBIAN ROLE IN NEW MOVIE 'THE WOMEN.'


"You would think it would be Will who gets them, but I always get the crazy ones. There was a woman who had a total meltdown in Miami while I was there. The police called my agent and said, 'We have this woman who has plotted to kill Jada because she claims to be married to Will Smith, and that Jada stole him from her.' So the police found this woman and locked her up. I believe people pick on me because of my small stature....It's because I'm little. Will is a 6 foot 2 inches, 14-stone black dude, who nobody wants to mess with. So instead they come after the little 4 foot 11 inch chick."

--Jada Pinkett Smith on being threatened by a crazy, obsessed fan in Miami who wanted to kill her because of her marriage of over ten years to Will. In other Jada news, the actress recently opened up about her role in her latest film, the 1939 remake of The Women where she plays a lesbian with a runway fashion model girlfriend (played by Eva Mendes). Jada also admitted that she believes 'there is a lesbian' inside of her. I'm not sure making that statement was a smart move considering the endless rumors over the years of her and Will's swinger lifestyle. Anyhoo, read excerpts from Jada's interview below where she comments on working with an all female cast and how she felt about her kissing scene with Eva Mendes.

"I play a lesbian, which is fantastic, and I got to be in love with Eva Mendes, which is even more fantastic. Will was like, 'Oh, I had her already. You can have my leftovers'. I love Eva. That's my girl. They took my favorite scene out. I thought I was going to get the opportunity to kiss Eva Mendes, but that didn't happen......I know a lot of lesbians. A lot of them! I got a ton of lesbians that are friends of mine. You know what? I think there’s a lesbian inside of me somewhere that I just pulled out [Laughs]. I just said, ‘Honey, let that lesbian shine on through!’ So that’s what I did.... We [the entire cast] had a good time together. That was one of the reasons I wanted to do The Women. It was a first time female director. She had been working on this project for 13 years and it's called The Women and its an all-female cast, and I was like, 'I have to do this'. It was just the statement alone."
.....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro