Saturday, December 1, 2007

CELEB BABY NEWS: USHER'S MOM SAYS HER GRANDSON IS ' SUCH A BLESSING. I'M HAPPY FOR MY SON AND HIS WIFE'; USHER JUST HOPES TO HAVE A PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS

Well, I guess nothing brings a nearly estranged and dysfunctional family closer together than the addition of a newborn baby. Looks like Usher's mother, Jonetta, has finally come around in accepting Tameka as her son's wife OR at least as the mother of her firstborn grandchild OR maybe it was the birth of her grandson that softened her up a bit. I think this is the first time I have ever heard her acknowledge her son's wife in a positive way through a public statement ever since Usher and Meka-Man-Man (I'm sorry...I probably shouldn't have said that, but oh well...) hooked up.

AND WHAT THE HELL THEY MEAN BY 'the hardships he and Foster had to endure before they wed, as America's black media and jealous fans turned on them, will make any future marital issues...' ?! THEY BETTER STOP PLAYING!

R&B star Usher has an extra special reason to be thankful for the safe birth of his newborn son - because it ends a year of drama for the singer. The singer and his new wife Tameka Foster, the owner of Swanky Image Group and Hides & Dungarees denim and leather collection, welcomed baby Usher V into the world last Monday (November 26, 2007)in an Atlanta hospital. "We are so happy and proud of our beautiful son," the couple said in a statement. "What a blessing!" Now, the multi-platinum artist is now hoping for a peaceful family Christmas. He tells Essence magazine, "Man, this has been a hard year, but it's taught me courage. It's taught me strength... It has taught me what it is to stand as a man, really." And Usher insists the hardships he and Foster had to endure before they wed, as America's black media and jealous fans turned on them, will make any future marital issues easy to solve. He adds, "Tameka and I have been fortunate enough to go through the thick of it in the beginning. We've had the opportunity to huddle up as a team, to make sure that we're clear and speak as one voice."


READ MORE OF THIS STORY AFTER AND MORE AFTER THE JUMP!


Usher's mother and former manager, Jonnetta Patton, told PEOPLE that her new grandson is God's gift to her son and his wife, just in time for the holidays. "I'm extremely excited and filled with joy about the birth of my grandson, Usher Raymond V. He is beautiful, precious, healthy and such a blessing. I'm very happy for my son and his wife. God has truly blessed them with a special gift. This will be an amazing holiday season for all of us." The newest Raymond is the first child for Usher and the fourth addition to their blended family. Tameka has three sons from previous relationships.

“Tameka’s given me one of the greatest gifts I’ll ever have. With a child, now I have purpose. I understand love,” Usher said in the October issue of Essence magazine which marked the couple's first interview together as husband and wife. Tameka added, “This is the man I love and plan to spend the rest of my life with, so why wouldn't I want to share that bond of bringing another life into this world with him?”

On the music front, Usher has promised his fans that he's busy working on new material and expects his album to be ready next year. The Grammy-winning star also hinted at a new tour as he met screaming fans who flocked to Macy's in Lakewood, Los Angeles last week, to catch a personal appearance from the artist. Usher - who was in town to promote his new his and her fragrance - said: "How many of you guys are ready to see me back on stage? It's coming really soon."

1 Comment:

Old School Fridays said...

I can't wait to see pics of the baby, although I know what the baby will like. If momma and daddy look like twins, then I sure the baby will look the same.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro