Saturday, December 1, 2007

JAY-Z ON HOW HIS FATHER'S DEATH MADE HIM A BETTER BOYFRIEND TO BEYONCE. & WHY HE FEARS FATHERHOOD..

Multi-media mogul and platinum rapper Shawn Carter a.k.a. Jay-Z, says the 2003 death of his estranged father has made him become a better boyfriend to his longtime girlfriend and R&B singer Beyonce Knowles by helping him open up emotionally and taught him the importance of dealing with emotional issues. 'When I was young, the person I looked up to most was my father, and once I experienced that hurt, the separation from the guy you thought was Superman, you never want to feel that hurt again,' Jay-Z explained. The rapper believes his relationship with Beyonce has improved as a result of his emotional bravery. 'I'm sure she thinks I'm closed off. I'm working on it. Just trying to deal with emotional issues, taking them on proactively. Before, I wouldn't even address it,' he said.

Jay-Z's father had left him when he was just 12 years old and the father and son only reconciled just before the father's death. Ain't God good?

And may I add, I can definitely see the results of him opening up. Just a couple of years ago, he adamantly stood his ground and proclaimed that he'd never, ever share any details regarding his relationship with Bey. Back then, he was notoriously private about his life with Knowles, and at that time, he insisted that side of him would never change. While conducting an interview with GQ magazine in 2005, before the reporter could finish asking him that question that he knew was coming, Jay said, 'We're not going to talk about that at all. It's self-explanatory. I don't talk about it. Certain things you have to keep private." Just like that, huh, Jay? LOL!

However there was a time when the richest rapper in the entertainment industry shared his fears of eventually diving into fatherhood...with Beyonce of course, bless his heart. This was around the time of his retirement from rap, if there's such a thing. Anyway, he said he feared having kids with Bey because he was so afraid that their children would physically resemble him and his side of the family more than they would Bey and her family...


CONTINUE READING STORY AFTER THE JUMP!


...and although he knew he had endless amounts of dollars and swagger and whatnot, in the end, having all the swagger and money in the world does not mean your future kids will turn out as being aesthetically appealing as you would like them to be. I AM BULLSHITTING LIKE A MUG! HE DIDN'T SAY THAT! Hey, what can I say?! It's Saturday and I ain't got nothing else to do!

This is the real deal, okay? The real reasons Jay feared he'd never be able to have kids is because; one, he know he would adore them so much he'd never want to leave the house; and two, he'd be an overly protective father...especially if he had little girls. Awww, now, how sweet is that? Bless his heart..again! He added, 'I'm really scared to have kids because the way I love my nephews, I don't think I'll be able to go outside. I'll never want to leave my kids.'

Does Jay love the kids or what! Even the ones that aren't his.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

lmao. you wild!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro