Monday, July 28, 2008

DWAYNE WADE REVEALS REASON WHY HE HAS CHOSEN TO GO BALD; BALLER ALSO SUED FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT REGARDING HIS RESTAURANTS.

"For those of you who haven't checked out my latest video from Vegas, you're missing my new look. I've cut all my hair off. I've gone bald for the simple fact that I'm focused solely on basketball. I'm not concerning myself with waking up in the morning, brushing my hair trying to look pretty. I'm really focused on playing and bringing home the gold. Also, in China I'm not letting anybody cut my hair. If you're not my barber, it's not happening. The bald look will last me the next 30 days. My head looks good, but my body feels even better...."

--That's D-Wade commenting on why he has chosen to go bald. The All-Star is now in Beijing, China preparing to bring home the Olympic gold medal alongside his USA Olympic teammates Jason Kidd, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. Wade says he has pushed his body past it's limits in an effort to perform at his very best during the Olympic games.



In related news, Wade is facing a lawsuit for breach of contract from former partners Mark Rodberg and Richard von Houtman. Rodberg and von Houtman helped Wade open two restaurants last year and were planning a third, according to a story in Florida's Sun-Sentinel. But both D. Wade's Sports Grills shut down in the last couple of months and the plaintiffs are saying it's because Wade didn't fulfill his end of the deal by making the required marketing and promotional appearances on behalf the restaurants. Wade, however, is saying that he did meet his obligations and Rodberg and von Houtman , who are looking for $15,000 and attorney's fees, needed to slow their roll and let the restaurants marinate for a minute before expanding.

"If anything, Dwyane has a concern that the value of his name has been tarnished by ceasing operation of the restaurants," Steven Peretz, Wade's attorney, told the Sun Sentinel. "This is an instance where D. Wade called a timeout on the expectation of the restaurants. The pilot restaurants have not shown any record for success."
....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro