Monday, July 28, 2008

MICHELLE WILLIAMS ON HOW SHE COPED WITH THE DISSOLUTION OF HER ENGAGMENT & DREAM WEDDING; APOLIGIZES TO FANS FOR ALBUM'S PUSHBACK.


"I had looked at wedding books. I was looking at venues and doing all those things that a person would do who knows they're gonna marry somebody. I bought the house and all that good stuff. Then it was like, no, that's not gonna happen. I think that was the worst hurt I've ever felt in my life. Nothing can help; food didn't help, trying to get with somebody else didn't help, family didn't even help. It was literally me praying for my heart to get healed, because, when I love, I love pretty hard and I put a lot into a relationship." The singer insists she's glad the break-up happened, because now she's much stronger for it: "I grew so much. I'm a totally different person because of it, but in a good way. A lot of people go through a bad break-up and they just become promiscuous...and they are bitter all the time, but, for me, that didn't happen."

--28-year-old singer Michelle Williams on how she nursed her secret heartache after the 2004 break-up of her engagement and the dissolution of her dream wedding to her former fiancé after he told her he wasn't ready for marriage. Williams says her only way of coping with her heartbreaking loss was through prayer and a big bank account; and she says she's going to make sure her next relationship (or maybe her current one?) will not be so costly. "Relationships get very expensive... You try to fly on the red-eye (overnight plane) home, you try to spend time (with him). When I was overseas, I racked up a $10,000 cell phone bill....I'm not weary of it [getting married] at all. I do believe there is a particular gentleman out there for me who will come when I least expect it." Bless her precious heart. I had no idea she was supposed to be the first wife'd up member of Destiny's Child.

Michelle's new album Unexpected has been pushed back for released from August 18, 2008 to October 7, 2008. Gosh, it's bad enough that it took her two years to record the album and now it's been pushed back 2 months!

AFTER THE JUMP, READ MICHELLE'S APOLOGY TO HER FANS REGARDING HER ALBUM'S NEW RELEASE DATE.

..I am so sorry about the news of my album!!! Trust me......when they told me I was numb for two days and couldn't talk to anybody!!! I had sooooooooooooo many questions of as to why they'd push my album back three weeks before the original release date!!!! I will be honest and say that I am disappointed becuz I feel like we should've been doing more 3 months ago to promote my album instead of waiting to the last minute to change the date!!!! I have thought about EVERYTHING!!! Columbia Records is saying that they need more time to properly set up the album to ensure its success!!! So let's make some lemonade out of the lemons!!! This could very well be a blessing in disguise!!! Plus there are still many people who didn't even know my album was coming out August 12th anyway. I know you guys are LIVID but let's keep the energy POSITIVE!!!! Things will work out for the good!!!! I will still WIN!!!!!

I HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE to do my part in making the album a success!!! I have a great album and am confident that it can stand with the rest of the great music that is coming out this year!!!!

MICHELLE'S BLOG POST VIA HER OFFICIAL MYSPACE.COM PAGE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its will be michelle....i guess everything happened for a reason i will still buy your album even it it was still put off for a next month....everyone goes thru stuff cause we are all human and you are highly blessed....just keep the faith...love kadian

Anonymous said...

Who was she engaged 2?
I remember Kelendrai announced her engagement & then its dissolution, but I dont remember this for Michelle.

Anonymous said...

*****SAME QUESTION AS 'LILKUNTA', WHO WAS SHE ENGAGED TO THAT LEFT HER COLD LIKE THAT? THAT IS ONE COLD-BLOODED DUDE.*****

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro