Friday, August 31, 2007

EVE DISCOVERS WEARING HER S.C.R.A.M. BRACELET IS A LOT HARDER THAN SHE THOUGHT

Eve has come to the conclusion that donning her latest court-ordered accessory (a.k.a. alcohol monitoring device) is not only aggravating as hell, but it's also a big, bulky eyesore of an attraction whenever she's on the red carpet or when she's not wearing pants. "It's the most annoying thing," she told People magazine Tuesday night at Tao Nightclub in Las Vegas. "When they told me I was getting it on, I thought it was going to be like a beeper, but it's like a pair of Bose headphones."

A court order forces the 29-year-old artist to wear the clunker as part of her plea deal for her DUI arrest in April. The SCRAM device, an acronym for Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor, will be removed on Sept. 8. Besides being an eyesore, Eve said the embarrassing part about wearing the contraption is coming to terms with the DUI infraction that led to it. "I definitely learned my lesson," she added. "It was a stupid situation, stupid decision. I did something dumb and now I'm paying for it ... Don't drink and drive kids."

Having to deal with a DUI in the public eye was "disgusting" enough, Eve claims, but the hardest part: Telling her mom. "I'm still scared of her ... [I] had to tell her before someone else told her or she saw it or heard it."

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro