- Although she didn't mention Blaque's new reality show Blaque in the House, she did say she and T-Boz are working on television projects together as well as on each other's solo albums.
- She's still working on her solo album with help from Missy, Akon and T-Boz; although Tallahassee's own T-Pain (who she considers an 'amazing guy') wrote on her album, he will not be featured on any song on her debut cd.
- Dallas Austin, with whom she shares a son will not produce on her album. Chilli said that although they are 'cool with each other', she doesn't like blending her personal life with her professional ventures.
- When asked about Dallas' imprisonment on alleged drug charges in Dubai a couple of years ago, Chillii stated that Dallas never said that he had been jailed. Folks just made speculations that he was behind bars.
- When asked about what was different from going from being a group member to going solo, Chilli said the only difference is that she doesn't have to get approval or run anything by anyone else. This time around, if there's something she wants to do, all she has to do is tell her 'people.'
- Says she was the 'dumb, dumb, dumb' one for letting Marlon get away.
- She considers Dumb, Dumb, Dumb the 2008 version of No Scrubs.
- She has anointed herself as 'Supermom' and giggled a bit when folks in the studio teased her about having his picture on her purse.
- Recently parted ways with TLC manager Bill Diggins over money issues. It must've been something serious because Chilli says ol' dude packed up his wife and kids and left the country. So, I'm thinking TLC weren't the only clients he screwed over. And for those of yall wondering, yes, the ladies of TLC finances are straight. LOL!
- Here's the kicker: when asked if she would ever take Usher back Chilli just giggled and said, 'I'm not answering that.' She gave the same answer when the dj asked her if she would accept Usher's phone call if he decided to dial her up. The only difference with the second question is she paused before answering once again, 'I'm not answering that.'
- After hearing the dj refer to Usher as 'dumb, dumb, dumb' before slapping on his Confessions track, Chilli once again just.....giggled.
- When questioned about her relationship status, after she'd already stated that she was single, Chilli quickly pulled attention back onto her new single, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.
So again, all of you fellas, fans, groupies and stans who want to see Chilli live in person, the place to be is The Moon from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. And for those doubters out there, if you listen to 102.3's live stream, you'll hear them promoting her Moon appearance.
CONTINUE READING THIS STORY BY CLICKING 'READ MORE AFTER THE JUMP!'
I'm telling yall right now, Chilli is dead serious about launching her music career. I can say this now with a bit of hope because I remember her announcing she wanted to do her solo thing waaaaaaaaaaay back when she first hooked up with Usher but placed it on the back burner to record what would be TLC's last studio album. And now seven years later, after more than a couple of hit and misses, she is finally about to make things happen for herself as a solo artist. What's even better is she's launching her new music right before Usher's fourth album drops next month. Now that's what you call promoting your sh!t. And who could blame her? If it looks like she wants to milk their past relationship in order to jumpstart her solo career, more power to her. Hell he did it...and ended up with a diamond certified album. He knew that album wasn't about their break-up and yet he exploited their relationship and used it to his advantage to sell millions of records. If anything, he should've cut her a check! LOL!