'Not only am I the most attractive player in Cleveland, I am the most attractive player in the NBA. If I decide to go out to dinner or a club after a game, you'll never see Damon Jones running behind any women. I don't have to. Women choose. If a woman is interested in Damon Jones, she's going to have to pursue me or we will never meet. I don't have to pursue any woman. I have what every woman wants. I'm attractive, I'm charismatic, I'm rich. I'm every woman's dream.'
...AND THEN YOU WOKE UP! THEREFORE AND THUS AND SUCH: NIGGER PLEASE!
He's even more cockier when it comes to his fashion sense. Jones proudly prides himself as the NBA's one and only fashion mentor to his fellow NBA comrades who seek his advice on what's kosher in the b-ball world of fashion. He is even taking credit for Dwyane Wade being named GQ magazine's 2006 'Best Dressed Player in the NBA.'
"D-Wade was a sweat suit and jeans type of guy. I think my flair kind of propelled him to what he is off the basketball floor. A lot of guys say they don't like it. It doesn't look good. Now I'm starting to see a lot of guys taking on my style. What sets guys apart and puts me way ahead of everybody else is my great shirt and tie combinations. The biggest fashion mistake is trying to reach my level. That cannot and will not happen. No one will ever be able to put clothes on the way I do.'
Oh, really now? Well, can anyone explain to me why GQ mag selected D-Wade over D. Jones?
DAMON JONES SELECTION OF THE NBA's FIVE OTHER BEST DRESSERS:
2. Cuttino Mobley: "He has the European/businessman look that's great for him."
3. Michael Finley: "He has been a great dresser; very classy."
4. LeBron James: "For a guy who is 21 years old, he has a sense of style."
5. Shaquille O'Neal: "He is at such a big disadvantage because it's hard for him to find a lot of stuff. Because of his size, he has to have everything tailor-made."
2. Wearing linen other than in the summer
3. Wearing belts and shoes that don't match
4. Wearing oversized clothes