Wednesday, November 21, 2007

KANYE COMES CLEAN; RAPPER SAYS BEEF WITH THE GOR-REE-RAH a.k.a 50 CENT WAS JUST A PUBLICITY STUNT.

Well touch me in the morning, then just walk away. Who would have ever thought Kanye would once again tell us something we already knew?

Kanye West has revealed his chart battle with rap rival 50 Cent was a publicity stunt he dreamed up to sell records. The pair went head to head in September (07) when both of their albums were released on the same day. West won after a frenzied media battle he now claims he created.

The multi-platinum hitmaker comes clean to GQ (December '07 issue) magazine, stating, "It was a complete publicity stunt. It was my idea. I knew it was going to take off as soon as we were going to come out on the same date. Think about it - you got the two biggest shit-talkers in rap history. There's no-one in rap history known for talking more shit than me and 50. That's something I will stand on." He adds of 50 Cent's vow to retire if he lost the battle: "Oh man, he sold so many more records by saying that. Man, 50 is really one of my favorite rappers, too. I almost feel bad (about beating him)." Although, West hammered 50 with sales in the U.S., it was 50 sold more albums worldwide than his play-play rival.

Also in the cover story, West, who GQ magazine has named as one of their 2007 Men of the Year, does not discuss the sudden tragic passing of his mother Donda in the article, but he does speak on his impending marriage to designer Alexis Phifer. “I’m just going to go and get married — I’m not going to make a big deal out of it. It’s not to prove anything to anyone — it’s for me, for stability in my life, and I’m so happy that I found someone that I really love, that challenges me, that keeps my life interesting, that’s just as crazy as I am.”

The issue hits newsstands on November 27.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro