Saturday, December 22, 2007

'THE STUPID SHIT CELEBS SAY': JAHEIM ON LESS-TALENTED SINGERS & WHY GOD CREATED HIM.

"I don’t think they have more success than me. Some of those people you might not see next year. You never know who is on their knees doing what they have to do to get to the next step. You see, I’m not good at ass kissing. When I first came out, I was a child; I’m a grown ass man now. My way of thinking is a lot different. My approach to music is pretty much the same. But you know, I stepped up. It’s Jaheim the superstar now. I’m 30 years old, and there comes a time in your life when you have to make physical changes (sidenote: peep the pic of dude at the 2006 Essence Music Fest) and mentally change. You got some guys that want to be boys for the rest of their lives.

I think that is the reason that God created people like me, to bring back the life of R&B. Because it is kind of dead. It is a good direction that music is headed in, but it isn’t about talent anymore. So anybody can make a record now."

--Jaheim dishes to Allhiphop.com on artists (such as Ciara and Rihanna) who are less talented than him but yet acheived more mainstream success; and how he's grown as a person and an artist.

...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro