Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MAG SCANS & MAG EXCERPTS: VIVICA A. FOX ON WHY NO MAN HAS EVER CONVINCED HER THAT HAVING A BABY NATURALLY IS WORTH HER TIME.

I originally postedthis story back in early December. However, I noticed this morning that it's being discussed once again. So instead of making up an entire new post, I decided to just bump my original post from my blog's archive.

Actress-turned-movie-director Vivica A. Fox graces the January '08 cover of Sister 2 Sister magazine. In her interview the 43-year-old actress shed light on her three and a half year marriage to singer Christopher Harvest a.k.a. Sixx Nine; what she looks for in a potential mate; her intentions to marry again; adopting children and why no man has ever convinced her that having a child naturally is worthwhile. Peep the excerpts below.

VIVICA ON MOTHERHOOD AND ADOPTION: I would probably adopt. I've gotten a little too old to be walking around pregnant and all of that...I'm good with kids! I love kids. It's just that that hasn't happened in my life; I haven't met anybody that I want to be reminded of. So you know, you gotta think about (being reminded of him) for 18 years--'cause more than likely you as a woman, you're gonna be stuck raising the kids. Knowing me, I'd have a baby by somebody I can't stand and he'd look just like him. It'd be like, 'Damn, here you come again today!' You know, you don't want to take that out on the child. So you gotta make sure he's gonna be there for you. Why you want to have a kid by yourself? Children need parents.

READ MORE EXCERPTS AFTER THE JUMP!

VIVICA ON HER FAILED FIRST MARRIAGE: Well, at the time, he (Sixx Nine) had a contract with Death Row; and then the Tupac thing happened. And, you know, I just believed in him that he would to and get another gig--like I do. Like when one movie ends or something gets canceled, two months later you're out looking for another job. That's just how it works. That didn't work and he just got very comfortable being Mr. Vivica Fox. So I just have to make sure that I marry someone who's equally yoked. It says that in the Bible; we just don't pay attention to it and we settle.

VIVICA ON GETTING MARRIED AGAIN & WHAT SHE'S LOOKING FOR IN A POTENTIAL MATE: Well, first of all, I want to marry somebody that's got a job! You've gotta start dating new guys. And you gotta start looking at a person for what's inside of him instead of what you think is there. 'Cause you know I'm a very physical person. I'm like, 'Oh, yeah! Daddy got a good body; it's on like popcorn!' Well, more than likely you're gonna have problems. You've got make sure that he's a good person on the inside. Take the time to really get to know him. 'Cause guys, when they're dating you, one person shows up and then three, four months later the real him shows up. And you'll be like, 'Where'd you come from?'

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro