Thursday, January 10, 2008

'THE THINGS CELEBS SAY': JENNIFER LOPEZ ON REVEALING HER PREGNANCY: 'I WAS ON TOUR WITH A BUBBLE GUT!'

"I kind of feel like everybody knew anyway. I was on tour with a bubble gut!"
--Singer/actress Jennifer Lopez on when she knew she could no longer disguise her pregnancy.
Harper's Bazaar (Feb.'08 issue)

After months of speculation, J-Lo finally put the rumors to rest in November by announcing at one of her concerts that she was expecting a baby with husband Marc Anthony. Speaking out about why she kept the baby news quiet, the 38-year-old says: "I do realize people want to know because they're interested, but this is the first time I'm going through this. This is my experience and my husband's experience, and we get to hold that for a little while. We're just getting used to the fact that we've told everybody. I'm just feeling too protective to open that door right now. It's a Pandora's box. It's a destructive lifestyle to be out there. I know because I've lived it. Being on the cover of the tabloids every day for two years - it's hard. You start forgetting who you really are inside."

And the Latina star credits her husband for teaching her the value of keeping her personal life to herself, adding, "Marc is a really private person, and he's been singing onstage since he was really young. "He made me realize you can be an artist, and have credibility and success, without your life being on public display 24 hours a day."

CONTINUE READING THIS STORY AFTER THE JUMP!

Jennifer is also looking forward to taking a break once the baby arrives. "I don't know - and I like that, because my life has been so planned for so many years," she reveals. Once I did the tour, I really just wanted to shut it down, and since then, I've had to do three things including a video. It may not sound like a lot, but as this point, any woman can sympathize. It is a lot. I was ready just to sit."

And Lopez is delighted she's with child because she was under pressure from her mother to conceive. The star had been trying for a baby with husband Marc Anthony for three years before she finally discovered she was expecting. And Lopez admits she's thrilled to be giving her mother a grandchild. She says, "When Marc and I first got married, my mother rang me every day asking if there was any news. I come from a Latino family where it's all about children. I'm really happy."

Lopez is due to give birth in the spring (08).

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro