Tuesday, March 25, 2008

MARIAH CAREY EXPLAINS WHY SHE ONLY DATE MEN IN THE MEDIA INDUSTRY.

Mariah Carey says she prefers to only date a fellow celebrity - because only a man living in the media spotlight can understand the perils of fame. The multi-platinum star has remained largely single since her 1998 divorce from former Sony Music chairman Tommy Mottola, and insists any future boyfriend would have to be famous to be able to get along with her. She says, "That's a big deal for me - feeling like somebody else can't fully understand me because they're not in show business. It shouldn't matter, but it does, because the energy it takes to be 'on' is a lot."

In related news, Carey has hit out at critics who accuse her of making music solely to enjoy the perks of fame - insisting she's far more focused on releasing good tunes than banking multi-millions. The singer says she takes offense at suggestions she only makes records to fund her pampered lifestyle and is adamant she is not interested in the fame that comes with working in the music industry. And Carey, 37, insists she is still as committed to her work now as she was at the beginning of her career, claiming, "I never really felt famous. I don't do it just because I want to make money or I want to be famous. I need to make music. If I didn't have this, I don't know where I would be."

.....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro