Sunday, April 20, 2008

'THE GAME' ACTRESS TIA MOWRY MARRIES LONGTIME BOYFRIEND IN SANTA BARBARA, CALIFORNIA.

Congratulations are in order for one half of Sister, Sister (on the now defunct WB network) (un)identical twin duo (at least in my eyes), Tia Mowry. The actress who currently plays the role of Melanie Barnett on The Game on the CW, was joined in holy matrimony on Sunday to her longtime boyfriend of seven years, actor Cory Hardrict. The beautiful ceremony took place at the Four Seasons Resort Santa Barbara in front of 170 guests. Instead of strolling down the aisle to the traditional Wedding March, Mowry was serenaded as she walked down the aisle to a live performance by R&B singer Kenny Lattimore, who sang For You. "You can tell they're really in love," says wedding planner Robyn Goldberg of the newlyweds. "[Hardrict] wanted the wedding to be her dream come true." Mowry, 29, wore a couture wedding gown by Kevan Hall. Tamera, who wore an aubergine gown by Tadashi, served as maid of honor. The 30-minute outdoor ceremony was followed by a Midsummer Night Dream-style reception in the hotel's ballroom. Florist Jennifer Katz of Fiori Design created tall iron centerpieces covered in moss and decorated with flowers in different shades of pink. The wedding cake was a four-tiered vanilla and red velvet cake by Cake Divas. Guests danced to the tunes of DJ Michael Hayes.

Mowry and Hardrict, 28, were engaged on Christmas Day, 2006. Of her relationship with Hardrict, Mowry once said, "Cory and I, we really built a foundation for ourselves. He's my best friend. We work really hard at balancing our schedules. A perfect example -- I had a really hard day at work the other day, and he surprised me with flowers and then a romantic dinner. We've been dating seven years, and we still do stuff like that. We let each other know, 'Yes, we're working hard, doing what we've got to do, but I love you.' He actually coached me for The Game, pushed me to go out for it. I didn't think I could do it. It was such a different role for me, I really had to work hard."

CONTINUE READING THIS STORY BY CLICKING 'READ MORE AFTER THE JUMP!

I guess she did, considering she went behind her sister's back (Tamera, had originally auditioned and snagged the role of Melanie Barnett first after winning over the producers) and auditioned for the role leaving producers with the difficult task of choosing which twin to give it to. It eventually worked out for best because needless to say, Tia most definitely owns that role in every way.

SOURCE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Congrats to Tia and her new husband! Wow, never heard of anyone having a wedding on a Sunday. That's different.

She and her sister are such great role models. You never hear anything bad or negative about those two. So when will Tamera get married?

Anonymous said...

Good for her! Love and marriage is a beautiful thing. I wish them much success. Georgia, I was also wondering when Tamera would get married. They just grew up so fast. I'm in my early thirties and I remember making sure I was home every Sunday night to watch them on the WB. LOL! Now, that show is in syndication, my daughter whose just 7 years old, loves Tia and Tamera almost as much as she loves Raven!

Anonymous said...

Her 'husband' looks like he could be related to Michael's brother Jackie. No?

Anonymous said...

He must be a sweetie because he sure is lacking in the looks department. The nose the nose. I won't even comment on how he looks kind of suspect.

Anonymous said...

@4th poster: What do u mean about his nose? He needs 2 leave it alone or itll be fvcked up like all the Jacksons, ugly Lil Kim, Priscilla Presley, etc.

Is Cory still acting or he has a reg job?

Anonymous said...

My name is Jasmine and Im 21. Tia and her sister has been such a big inspiration on alot of people. You dont hear to much about them and that's good. They say no bad news is good news. I love to meet the girls oneday in person to let them know that they have been such a joy in my life by inspiring me through their acting

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro