Tuesday, April 22, 2008

NEW PICS: FOXY GOES TO CHURCH; DISHES ON WHAT SHE MISSED WHILE IN PRISON, COMPARISONS TO NAOMI CAMPBELL.

When Foxy Brown was released from prison last Friday, she said the first place she wanted to go was to church to 'thank God for supporting her,' telling reporters, "I really, really want to go to church first and get it right with God. It's only through His grace that I was able to survive this, and I want to get down on my knees and thank Him." Well, from the reports that I've read, the church house wasn't the first place the rapper headed to. As a matter of fact, she hit up a soul food restaurant, her childhood home and unsurprisingly, a hair and beauty products store. However, eventually, the Brooklyn diva did find her way to the house of God. Better late than never, right. Check out the photos below of Foxy getting her 'Thank You, Jesus' on at St. Paul's The Apostle Church in New York.

CLICK ON PICS TO SEE THEIR FULL IMAGE.


The rapper also conducted an interview with hip-hop site, Allhiphop.com where she discussed the things and people she missed while in prison, her newfound freedom and folks comparing her to Naomi 'I stay mad all the damn time' Campbell.
FOXY BROWN ON WHAT SHE MISSED OUT ON WHILE INCARCERATED: I don’t feel like I really missed out on anything other than Chanel and Christion Louboutin and Fendi and all the fly stuff but my girl Marvett [Britto] had everything waiting for me when I came home so I was good. No, I missed being on a microphone, a lot.

FOXY ON FOLKS COMPARING HER TO NAOMI CAMPBELL: [Incarceration] just helped me in mastering my emotions. Now, I’m no longer going to react. I’m going to try my best to just not react. That’s what I have a whole team of people for. It’s just not worth it. I’m a target. Constantly. You hear in the press about Naomi Campbell, Foxy Brown, oh they react this way. I think they put celebrities, they give us the sense of entitlement and they put on such a pedestal that when we do do something human, it’s the worst s**t in the world. Like, Oh my God, she what?! She f***ing bumped somebody in Dunkin Donuts! It’s the worst thing in the world it’s like…I’m f***ing human. I have the best bodyguard in the world, I have a team of dudes, so there is no reason why I should even have put my self in a situation where I was forced to react. Instead of talking about the change I’d rather people just see it.

CONTINUE READING THIS STORY AFTER THE JUMP!

FOXY ON HER NEWFOUND FREEDOM & WHAT SHE'S LEARN FROM BEING IN PRISON: There were days when I just thought I couldn't make it through; I was sitting down (and) eating next to drug addicts, next to killers. I have a whole newfound respect for my freedom. Little things I would take for granted... like a Snickers bar... It's an incredible feeling. I feel really good. I’m the first to admit that I’m imperfect, complicated, flawed like everyone else. I’m human. So just embracing my maturation and just fostering my growth was the most important part of the whole incarceration to me. I’m actually happy that that happened. Cause I got a chance to really step outside of Foxy, get in tune with Inga, and really just re-focus. Ok, this is what I need to do. I need to get my priorities straight. Ok, you’ve made mistakes, you’ve f***ed up, like, fix it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro