Wednesday, June 25, 2008

CIARA LAUNCHES NEW CLOTHING LINE; SIGNS ON WITH MODELING AGENCY WILHELMINA.


R&B singer Ciara has signed with modeling agency Wilhelmina and is in talks to launch her own clothing line. Wilhelmina will now focus on casting Ciara, who’s currently ending a print modeling run for Jay-Z's Rocawear line, in both clothing and fragrance campaigns, according to the singer. "Modeling has always been one of my aspirations," says Ciara. "But I was insecure about my height. I thought I was 5'7" but I just found out that I'm 5'8" so I'm really excited about that." Ciara’s also in talks with the budget-friendly department store, Steve & Barry's, to create a reasonably priced clothing line that bridges her personal style with affordable price points. Steve & Barry's also carries Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten line as well as the New York Knicks' Stephon Marbury's Starbury collection. "I have a couple of cool things that I'm working on," says Ciara. "The coolest thing about Steve & Barry's is they cater to everyday people. I won't say that my line will be like theirs, I want to stay true to who I am, but most importantly it has to be affordable."

Ciara is also in the midst of prepping her third album, Fantasy Ride, set for September via Jive. Her last album, 2006's Evolution, has sold 1.3 million copies to-date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
.....

1 Comment:

tee said...

Go head Ci Ci!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro