Tuesday, September 2, 2008

MICHAEL JACKSON ON TURNING 50 YEARS OLD + THROWBACK VIDEO CLIP.

As we all know, Michael Jackson turned the big 5-0 last Friday. And anybody who knows me, especially from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, knows that I was the biggest Michael Jackson fan ever. My life revolved around him. There was a time....and don't laugh because I was only about 9 years old....but there was a time when I used to sleep with his Thriller album cover. Yes, it was that serious! But that was over twenty years ago. And to see the man with whom I was so in love with back then breaks my heart. Something in dude's milk ain't clean. According to many, the aged computer generated picture up on the right is what Michael Jackson may have looked like had he not undergone so much plastic surgery and skin bleaching over the years. Heartbreaking and unbelievable, right? Now don't get me wrong, I can still watch him perform and loose my mind all over again, but I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you all that I often wonder if there was a time when Michael wanted his 80s look back. He told the folks on Good Morning America last Friday that he can still perform all of his famous dance moves and that the happiest time in his life was when he recorded Thriller back in 1982. He also revealed his hopes of recording new music and possibly embarking on a new tour. "I am still looking forward to doing a lot of great things. I love composing and the whole thing. But I am also raising my children and enjoying it and teaching them to ride bicycles and how to read."

Well as far as I'm concerned, one thing's for certain and two thing's for sure, I'll take that 50 year-old computer generated image of Michael Jackson in a New York minute....even if it is only for a New York minute. Inside Edition ran a lil blurb on Michael turning 50 and when they played a short clip of Thriller, I turned into a 10 year old little girl all over again and went straight into 'screaming at the top of my lungs' mode! Then they slapped my ass back into reality when they showed a recent pic of him looking beiger than beige. Skin complexion the same as a saltine cracker. And that is not a good look, Mike.

In the meantime and in between time, let's go back, hopefully without crying afterwards about what could've and should've been, and take a look at this Michael Jackson performance that put him on the map as a solo singer.


.....

2 comments:

jay6385 said...

SouthernBlackGurl he has VITILIGO a skin disorder that destroys the pigmentation of the skin he didn't bleach his skin and it cannot make a black man's skin completely pale like that. Look up vitiligo cus there is no excuse for you to ignore it. You have the resources and it's time for you to educate yourself. One thing I do know is there are disease's in life that you get that you don't have any control over and vitiligo is one of them. What's truly sad is how over the years you let the media taint your mind. Considering how prejudice they've been towards him and many others for the past 2 decades he's come to realize who are truly his friends and who are not.

jay6385 said...

And you know i'm also glad that unlike you rozonda thomas aka chilli doesn't buy into the bullshit about him like you do and is not afraid even now after all these years to call him her "husband" and show that she cares for him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro