Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BEYONCE COVERS ESSENCE MAGAZINE; SINGER DISHES ON NEW ALBUM, CHURCH & WHY SHE DOESN'T WANT TO BE REMEMBERED AS A MEMBER OF DESTINY'S CHILD.

I told yall the Bey-mocracy was coming and she's taking no prisoners. Bey the beautiful is featured on the November 2008 cover issue of Essence magazine and she's sounding off on her six months marriage to Jay-Z and her new album (in stores November 18), which she says is her most personal album to date, why she insist on attending church services (which must be a strain considering she is Beyonce Knowles), being a superwoman and why she doesn't want to be remembered as a member of Destiny's Child. Beyonce also puts to rest rumors suggesting the delay of her new album is due in part to creative differences she's having with her hubby and her father Mathew Knowles. Check out a couple of excerpts from her interview below. I'll have HQ scans from her Essence photospread up later.

BEYONCE ON HER NEW ALBUM: "I wanted to address my fans about my upcoming album. I have worked on this album for close to one year. I have taken the time so I can create my sound. Something that says who I am at this stage in my life. I have poured my heart and soul into it. It is my baby. It is the most time I have spent on any project since my first records as a member of Destiny's Child when I was 15 years old. I have recorded over 70 songs and have created a sound that reveals all of me. I am in a different place right now and I wanted people to see the many sides of me. The music is upbeat for the dance, fun side and it is reflective, passionate and serious for the personal side. I have taken risks here. I am not afraid and my music will explain it all. There is no label or tag on my sound. It's me and I am so excited to share it with the world on November 18."

BEYONCE ON ATTENDING CHURCH: "I completely believe that you don't have to go to church at all if you are disciplined enough to sit down and dedicate time to pray and get to know God and read the Bible. But me, it's better for me to go to church because it's hard to, for real, sit down by myself for that long, as long as I would be just totally committing myself in my house with the TV on and the distractions. It's way harder to do that than to go to church with a bunch of people who believe in God, where you can just feel it so much more."

BEYONCE ON HOW SHE WANTS TO BE REMEMBERED: "I don't want to be remembered as a member of this huge group that, you know, did whatever. I want to be acknowledged as a woman in a very talented group with great harmonies and great songs that made history and changed the culture of women, not only in America but all over the world. (A woman) who could sing a cappella and write her own songs and produce her own songs."

(excerpts courtesy of Essence.com, scan courtesy of theybf.com)
.....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro