Tuesday, January 20, 2009

INSIDE WENDY RAQUEL ROBINSON'S NEW HOME.


In 2000, Wendy met her husband Marco Perkins after hosting an NBA playoff party at her home. Wendy says she didn't notice him right away, but during the party she observed him closely. "He not only had an opinion, but a swagger. I felt like we could dine at the White House or hang in the 'hood." The couple tied the knot aboard a yacht in front of close family members and friends in 2003. However, the couple had no idea just how much their first year of marriage would be tested. After an evening out, they returned home to find an electrical fire had struck three homes on their block, including theirs, leaving them homeless and with the only clothes on their backs--literally. Sadly, the blaze also claimed Wendy's dog, Ginger. Looking back now, she says, 'I wondered sometimes how we'd get through it. But God has blessed us. During that time, I saw what my husband was made of." Family also helped weather the storm. "My mother told us to come home," she shares. "I had to wear one of my sister's clothes and shoes." Returning to her vacant childhood house was tough. So was losing treasured family heirlooms. "I understand how the victims of Hurricane Katrina felt. Dealing with insurance companies was crazy. But going through it strengthened out marriage. Everything was stripped away and all we had was each other....I feel like I've been reborn. God has gotten us through a lot. There's a gratitude journal scrolling through my head right now, and it's full of so many blessings."

Fast forward a couple of years and you'll find the couple living happily in their brand new, custom-built-from-the-ground-up two-story home. They have also added two new dogs to the family. Of her new found blessings, Wendy says, 'God gives you double for your trouble.' Aside from continuing her role as the 'hottest mama' on television as 'Tasha Mack' on The CW's The Game, Wendy spends her off time by running the Amazing Grace Conservatory (a theatre arts school she founded in 1995); being a loving wife; and playing auntie to her nieces and nephews.

CLICK ON EACH PIC TO SEE IT'S FULL IMAGE.


....

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAD NO IDEA HER HOUSE HAD BURNED DOWN! HAVING TO HAVE TO WEAR HER SISTERS CLOTHES?! DAMN!! THEY REALLY HIT ROCK BOTTOM.

Anonymous said...

She's married?! Never knew that.

Anonymous said...

I love how she expresses Rick Fox's name on the show! 'Rick Fox!'

Anonymous said...

She's so pretty to me. I didn't know she was married either. They look very happy together.

Anonymous said...

These pics are beautiful!! You mean to tell me Wendy pulling in dollars like that?!! Let me found out. Her old man don't look too shabby either. lol

SGurl, where you been at? LoL! happy belated birthday, ma.

Anonymous said...

I love Tasha Mack!!! My family lost our home due to a fire my senior of high, so I know exactly how she feels!!! However, God has blessed her(and my family), but some things like family heirlooms can't be replaced. Her new home is very nice!

Bigmouthz said...

Very nice story

Anonymous said...

Her husband is a high school drop out from Compton, ex crack dealer and a deadbeat dad of 5 kids by 4 different women.

Anonymous said...

Wow Mrs. Wendy turns me on just from looking at her. If you ever get into women make it known and as for your peoples well, he better always treat you right cause i'll be ... anway you'll be my wife. People say you look happy but that's not always the truth. Get a myspace or something and another thing I hope you not settling for less based on what somebody wrote on this board. You deserve the best and you fine as a mf. Gosh oh my gosh.

With much love and respect from your twenty something of age secret crush.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't complete wit my crush but omg I love me some tasha mack, regina, and the women from the comedy skit wit the guy from the parkers lol. Anything you do Mrs.Wendy is my favorite.

Turn into a lesbian and fulfill my dream. Lol

Kisses and Love!

Loronzo Nickleson said...

wOE Wendy is like my new FAVORITE PERSON every since "THE GAME" I envy her and Im a guy! she is TOTALLY AMAZING - CANT WAIT TO SEE HER TOMORROW IN ORLANDOO

Shon said...

Thanx a lot for information. I may observe that Please check this site since taht's the website having really fine subjects to read.

Unknown said...

I believe you too, She's to Hushed when people ask about him. He's just good with that D.

Anonymous said...

Here we go again is very funny, but I know it would be boring if you weren't the co-star! Just saying! Plus the re runs of the Steve Harvey show is still comedy and it still make me laugh! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Here we go again is very funny, but I know it would be boring if you weren't the co-star! Just saying! Plus the re runs of the Steve Harvey show is still comedy and it still make me laugh! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Here we go again is very funny, but I know it would be boring if you weren't the co-star! Just saying! Plus the re runs of the Steve Harvey show is still comedy and it still make me laugh! Hang in there!

JESUS LOVES said...

Jesus Loves you

Anonymous said...

I bind and rebuke every larz spirit homesexual lesbian spirit in the name and Blood of Jesus

Anonymous said...

I bind and rebuke every larz spirit homesexual lesbian spirit in the pits of hell for all eternity in the name and Blood of Jesus

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro