Thursday, October 4, 2007

NEW DVD: 'STOMPIN' AT THE DOME,' TO SHOWCASE MOST POPULAR HBCU BANDS (I.E. FAMU'S MARCHING 100) ON & OFF THE FIELD.

Now yall know I just had to report this. I had to. I couldn't continue to deem myself as a dedicated and loyal Florida A&M University Rattler if I let the following news pass me by. Oh, and FYI, I don't even have to look at the DVD to know that the number 1 band in all the land a.k.a. FAMU's Marching 100 is the best band on it; and this fact alone makes it worthy of watching it. Please believe it. HBCU bands such as stale and stiff-ass Southern, greedy and grimey-ass Grambling, bland and boring-ass BCC and whoever else ain't got nothing on the 100. Yeah, I said it! And what?! LOL! But I'll digress for now and get to the point.

For the first time in the five-year history of Honda's Battle of the Bands, American Honda has produced a DVD that showcases headlining bands on and off the field. Stompin' at the Dome, a documentary filmed last fall and earlier this year, follows the journey from the participating HBCU campuses to the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. The DVD not only highlights the ten winning schools, but also chronicles the milestone fifth anniversary of the Honda Battle of the Bands. The squads cover popular music ranging from Crazy by Gnarls Barkley to Wanna Be Startin' Something by Michael Jackson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO U DI'INT! The Southern University Marching Band is indeed the baddest band in the land. OFTEN IMITATED, BUT NEVER DUPLICATED! Don't make the Jag Nation rush you - LOL! I still love you, though. Just had to stop through and represent for my alma mater.

SouthernGurl said...

^^^LOL! Reprsent! I was wondering when someone was gonna come in here and start blasting me! We love the hell out of our HBCU bands, don't we?! We'll fight for them, defend them--even when they're in the wrong and everything else. But I'm sorry, once Southern are able to:

--represent the United States in the
Bastille Day Parade in France.

--have Sports Illustrated deem them as the 'Best Marching Band in the Nation.'

--Are handpicked by Kanye West to perform with him at the Grammys.

--Perform for Obama Barack.

--Perform with Prince at the Superbowl.

--receive credit for not less than 30 innovative techniques which have become standard operating procedures for many high school and collegiate marching band programs throughout the nation.

--Perform at the Olympics.

--Perform at presidential inaugurations.

--become referred to, as Sports Illustrated once put it, as the most imitated bands in the world.

...Need I go on? Because right now I'm tired!

The love I have for the 100 is so strong that it scares even me! And I'm quite sure that that isn't a good look! LOL!

But thank you so much for visiting the blog and taking the time to post a comment. I really appreciate it. I hope you like it here and decide to check me out again.

Don't be a stranger! LOL!

YoungHundred said...

Get em! Hubba 100!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro