Monday, December 10, 2007

IN TODAY'S 'THIS NIGGAH, HERE' EDITION: LIL WAYNE: 'TALK TO ME LIKE YOU TALK TO MARTIN.... '

Have you ever read something that someone had said that was so outrageous and unbelievable, it made you wanna just throw your hands up in frustration and yell out, 'This niggah, here!' Well, that's what I did while reading an excerpt from Lil Wayne's interview in XXL magazine.

Rapper Lil Wayne stunned a journalist when he demanded the writer treat him on a par with late civil rights campaigner Martin Luther King, Jr. The star - real name Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. - surprised an interviewer for XXL magazine when he likened himself to African American icons Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X. Asked about the perception he's over-saturating the market with his music, Wayne responds, "Darling, I don't care what nobody think. Talk to me like you talk to Martin Luther King or Malcolm X. You're not going to ask him about what he thinks about what somebody said about him. You ask him about his greatness, and his greatness only. I don’t care what nobody think. If I did, you wouldn’t be sitting on my muthafuckin’ million-dollar bus in my 15th year at the same muthafuckin’ company and business.

I’m a role model. You should get like me. Get like you? No. Get like me. Ya understand me? I’m not hot. Hot dies out. Baby, I’m me. Who the fuck done this? Nobody. Compare me to people that’s not even living, baby. And they didn’t even do it—what they comparing me to. No disrespect to them. You found songs on those people after they died. I’m still living."

N!ggah, please.

...END POST...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like Martin or Malcom...... you right NIGGA PLEASE......... No doubt he is a great lyricist, but some people take it too far... Malcom and Martin were great leaders.. They didn't need a Baby, Or a Cash Money to stand behind them.. They stood theirselves....

Cocky ass,

Anonymous said...

While I do agree that the comparison may be a bit much, I think that you all are taking it out of context. I think that what he meant was that basically he is great, when you would ask questions to the other great people that immediately come to mind, you wouldnt be asking them about what other people think about them. And I admit, I was a little peeved at the journalist for not giving a real interview, but trying to stir up stuff by keep asking him what he thinks about what someone else thinks. I would get frustrated or at the least dis-interested with someone who kept asking me about other people's thoughts. As an adult you should be beyond how others perceive you and esp in teh music biz. AND he is right, no one has ever done what he is doing with such appeal and zest. That is not to say that everyone loves him (as much as I do), nor that he will always be on top, but you have to give respect where its due and the dude is hot, no excuse me, GREAT!!

He is cocky, but he is also a rapper, and he is also on top of his game right now. For a long time Weezy and the Hot Boys had a presence in hip hop, but werent controlling theirs. Now, it is obvious that Weezy is controlling his. AND doing whatever he wants (as far as music, you know the singing and wailing, etc)...Anytime a dude can kiss another dude, ultimate taboo and it blow over like nothing, you know that that man is great.

Malcolm X and MLK were great leaders and I again I think that the comparison can easily be taken out of context, however, how could you say that they didnt need people pehind them?? Every great person has at least one other person that they defer to, or that helped htem when they most needed or shoot, that makes their appointments to go and do great things...SO that statement is inaccurate.

And, I do beleive that Lil Wayne does not only stand for himself (except for admins, etc), he has Cash Money and Baby on his back. Lord knows if there was no Lil Wayne at Cash Money, there would be no Cash Money and I do believe that Baby would have stopped putting out albums years ago.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro