Sunday, December 16, 2007

MOVIE CRITICS MAR 'THE PERFECT HOLIDAY' CALLING IT 'OVERPLOTTED' & 'GUARANTEED TO TURN YOU INTO A GROUCH.'

According to most critics The Perfect Holiday doesn't come close to living up to its title. Michael Phillips in the Chicago Tribune describes it as "overplotted and underwhelming" and lacking "any sort of cinematic personality." Queen Latifah gets top billing in the movie, but Ann Hornaday warns in the Washington Post: "This crass seasonal programmer features only enough of its nominal star to avoid being sued by bait-and-switched filmgoers." Rafer Guzman in Newsday dismisses it as "sexist, unfunny and guaranteed to turn you into a grouch." That is indeed what it turned Carrie Rickie of the Philadelphia Inquirer into. Her summation of the movie: "In the annals of Noel films so wincingly, gratingly, insultingly bad that a lump of coal would be vastly preferable."

Well, I just finished watching the movie a couple of hours ago and personally, I kinda liked it. It could've been a bit better. It was the first movie I'd ever seen Katt Williams in where he didn't utter one curse word; and Charlie Murphy and Faizon Love had me rolling! However, in some scenes I wanted to reach through the screen and snatch that damn ponytail off the top of Gabrielle's head. Ol girl was sporting as if it was about to go out of style. And in other scenes (and I thought I'd never say this, but) it looked as if Morris hadn't been preserving his sexy as well as he should...and that is NOT the BUSINESS. But hey, I didn't have to pay to see it and chances are I'll never watch it again. So, oh well. You know? But it definitely didn't 'turn me into a grouch' like it did the critics. Geesh, it wasn't that bad.

...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! @ you saying morris ain't been preserving his sexy like he should! LMAO! Thanks for starting my morning off with a good laugh, southerngurl!

Keep up the good work and I'll keep coming back!

Anonymous said...

^^Wasn't that shit funny?! I was lmao! Call me slow, but what exactly does 'that ain't the business' mean? Cause I have no idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro