Friday, January 11, 2008

MAG SCANS & EXCERPTS: MARY J. BLIGE ON THE COVER OF VIBE MAGAZINE (FEB.'08)

Mary 'I Ain't Gon Cry No More' Blige makes Vibe magazine history after gracing its cover for the ninth time--the most for any celebrity in Vibe's 15-year history. In the February ('08) issue, on stands now, the Grammy Award-winning R&B singer dishes vivid details about her marriage, past relationships, why she can't do the Beyonce hair-in -the-wind thing, Bill Cosby, and taking a chance at happiness even if it meant loosing her fans. Read excerpts below.

MARY J. BLIGE ON BEING 'PROUD' MARY: "I'm proud of Mary J. Blige and the progress she's made. Am I fine all the time? Hell, no! But the days I am, I want to celebrate."

MARY J. BLIGE ON WHY SHE LOST A MILLION FANS: "When I took the chance to show people I can be happy, I lost a million of my fans. I was like 'I'm gonna have to lose ya'll in order for us to live, because if I keep going down this dark hole, we're all gonna die together. I'm gonna slit my wrists or take some pills, and it's gonna be over."

MARY J. BLIGE ON BEING BEAUTIFUL: "I've never looked at myself as the most beautiful girl. I can't do Beyonce, hair blowing in the video. Halle Berry is just freaking gorgeous. There are some women who have this thing, so feminine and strong. I have none of those. My features don't call for me to be a glamour girl. I have to use my personality."

READ MORE EXCERPTS AFTER THE JUMP!

MARY J. BLIGE ON HER RELATIONSHIP WITH HER HUSBAND: "That's my buddy, my best friend, my business partner. He's got my back like nobody's ever had my back. I feel like God used him to come and pull me together."

MARY J. BLIGE ON BILL & CAMILLE COSBY & HER PERSONAL GROWTH: "Bill Cosby called me like, 'My wife, Camille, loves you! She says there's a song you need to write about love.' I finally called Bill back ... and said, 'we got the record.' He says, 'Mrs. Cosby will be so glad to hear that.' I damn near cried. I was crying because I was scared. That's why the album is called Growing Pains. I had to rapidly let go because there's so many people waiting on me to do the right thing -- and so many people waiting for me to do the wrong thing."

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro