Friday, April 18, 2008

*EDITED* USHER'S 'HERE I STAND' PROMOTIONAL PICS + NEW ALBUM COVER ART: USHER'S 'HERE I STAND.'

I have edited and bumped this post (originally posted 4.18.2008 @ 6:01 AM) to add three HQ promotional photos of Usher because I tire at the notion of making a brand new post about him. Thanks to Ericka, the Admin over on USHERFOREVER.COM for supplying me with these pics. Click them to view their full image.



==================================================

What you see below is the cover of Usher's new album Here I Stand. I'm pretty sure the license tag on the car in the photo has some significance to it, but right about now, I'm too lazy to go out and figure what it is. Moving on. Now, if you're wondering about the title, just let me inform you that there's a track on the album of the same name...this song is also the song dude wrote for Tameka (as well as performed for her) at their wedding. So, at least to me, it sounds like this album is more of a dedication to her than anything else. And ain't nobody, especially me, trying to hear all that. She already got the man, so what does she need my money for--to maintain her weekly luxuries? I truly think not! Therefore and thus and such, I'll wait on the bootleg copy of Usher's album to hit my local flea market or hair salon. Yeah, I said it! Besides, the last time I brought an Usher album was on 8707, literally. Anyhoo, look for his second single to be Moving Mountains. He's also the featured cover story for Vibe magazine's May 2008 issue.

Peep the pic below. And am I the only person wondering what the business is with his top lip?! Looks like it belongs on one of Jim Henson's Muppets.

ETA: I've just been told that the license plate in the photo is in honor of his first born son: CINCO (Usher V) and 11.26 (the day his son was born). Nice! Thanks carmen and 'anonymous' for that tidbit...although I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why his upper lip looks the way it does!


....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL girl you crazy he really want us to know he in love with this broad huh you go boy

Anonymous said...

Cinco - Usher Raymond V(son)
11/26 - day the lil chap was born

Unknown said...

License tag - The day his son was born.

Chi-Chi said...

SG, I think I'm one of the few looking to hear new music from Ursh, lol!

SouthernGurl said...

chi-chi I'm pretty sure you're not the only one, but as for me, he's just been gone for so long that I've lost interest in listening to anything from him. He just doesn't seem the same. I was looking at this video the other day and thought to myself, 'He don't even move the same.'

SouthernGurl said...

lex, gurl, I just call 'em like I see 'em! LOL!

Chi-Chi said...

SG, you caught that too from the video? Ursh was all extra with his dance moves, lmao! I was like WTF?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro