Sunday, June 15, 2008

HALLE SAYS SHE EXPECTS MOTHERHOOD TO BOOST HER CHANCES OF WINNING ANOTHER ACADEMY AWARD.

Halle Berry, indisputably the most beautiful black woman in the world, says she expects her newfound motherhood to boost her chances of landing more Oscar-winning roles - because having a baby has killed off her sex symbol status. Say what?! Despite picking up a Academy Award for Monster's Ball in 2002, Berry claims pre-pregnancy, her career was held back by her reputation as a big screen beauty. And now she is a mother to two-month-old Nahla with model Gabriel Aubry, Berry is counting on more edgy movie offers She says, "I feel having a baby will open up a whole new world for me. I think I'll actually find better roles, because I've gotten past being the ingenue and sex symbol."

But studio bosses will have to get used to a harder-to-come-by Berry - as she plans to take much longer gaps between jobs, so she can be a proper mother. The 41-year-old adds, "I'm definitely going to work less. I used to put so much pressure on myself to succeed that it often made me very unhappy in my personal life. I felt on the verge of burning out three or four years ago."

......

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh??? Do some of your brain cells get reduced after having a baby? Where'd she get that idea from? She hasn't exactly redeemed herself post Oscar so she might wanna Boost those acting chops first!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro