Monday, November 26, 2007

VIDEO CLIP: JERMAINE JACKSON CONFIRMS THE JACKSON 5 (INCLUDING MICHAEL) WILL REUNITE, TOUR & WHATNOT.

As a severe Michael Jackson fan, I don't know whether to be excited about this news or appalled. On one hand, it would be great to hear and see the guys perform some of their biggest hits again....but on the other hand: they're all old! Ugh!

The Jackson Five are to reform for a tour, according to Jermaine Jackson, with his brother Michael set to take part in the reunion. Jermaine told BBC 6 Music that the band - featuring Tito, Marlon, Jackie, Jermaine, Michael and Randy - has discussed concert plans and that a series of shows could take place "sometime in 2008". And the singer and guitarist confirmed that Michael "will be involved" in the tour. "He has to be," he said. "He is a Jackson. He was at the meetings. Michael will be involved."

The group - who found fame in the 1970s with hits such as I Want You Back, Rockin' Robin and ABC - last toured as the Jacksons (with six members) in 1984 in support of the Victory album. Thriller star Michael told fans on the last night of the tour that he was leaving the band and though they released one further album - 2300 Jackson Street in 1989 - they formally disbanded in 1990.


I damn near cried when I saw this video. Damn, I miss the old Michael.


Rumors of a reunion have persisted however, with Celebrity Big Brother contestant Jermaine confirming that Michael's 2005 trial for child abuse had caused a delay. "There's been so much going on, getting over all the hurdles that we all were faced with during Michael's trial," he said. "But we are stronger than ever. I'm gonna say thank you, thank you, thank you so much to all the fans and the supporters of my family all over Europe, all over the UK especially, who came out to show their love and their support." He added: "We feel we have to do it one more time. We owe that to the fans and to the public."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the come to Omaha or KC I will be there. They were great and I believe they still are.

SonDan said...

I won't hold my breath until I hear Michael say it! Jermaine has been talking reunion, even BEFORE the MJ trail. But if it does happen I would love to see it. And they should record it and sell the DVD for posterity and for those who might not be able to attend. Peace.

Anonymous said...

I hope that The Jackson 5 come to Australia and I many others will attend their concert

Anonymous said...

Come to Australia you have lots of fans here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro