Monday, February 25, 2008

MOMENT OF TRUTH? JOHNNY GILL SAYS HE'D TAKE A LIE DETECTOR TEST TO PROVE HE'S NOT GAY.

Ask my best friend of 20+ years, Kamika, and she will tell you that me and Johnny Gill (who I've been crushing on since 1988) were supposed to have been married with three kids: two boys: an eight-year old and a six-year old; and a four-year old baby girl, respectively. So imagine my surprise when I found out that he knocked up a chic younger than my 26-year old baby sister. But I digress. Ronnie did the same thing, but again, I'll digress...at least for now. I've always considered Johnny a straight man and I always will, although I'm puzzled as to why he wears a damn nipple ring. Note to JG: that shit is not the business, son. Anywhoo, I said of all that to say this: when will he ever stop addressing the gay rumors surrounding him and his best friend, Eddie? And quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing them and I'm even more tired of hearing him defend himself against them. I'mma mess around and have a J.G. Heartbreak. And just when I thought I'd heard the last of it, at least for a while, I find out that he's again addressing the same rumors. Not only that, but he is also putting the smackdown regarding pesky rumors that claim he was the motivation that caused Eddie to break off his engagement to Tracey Edmonds.

In a radio interview with Doug Banks' syndicated radio show last Friday, denied both rumors and faulted the media for failing to check the facts. He seemed genuinely hurt that he's constantly being being referred to by the public as being more than just Eddie Murphy's running pal. The man who was supposed to be my future husband said it pained him dearly to have to hear about these gay rumors on a damn near daily basis. So much so, he's volunteered to take a lie detector test to prove there's not a gay bone in his body. In the words of 'Gina Waters Payne': 'You go, boy!!' Johnny told Banks', "There's not one person on this planet that could ever say they've seen Johnny Gill step outside of the rim or conducted himself as a man. I keep a stable," he said, explaining that he is not married and has women of all races.

If he's sincere about it, I think he should call up the folks at 'Moment of Truth' and become a contestant. You best believe the ratings from that one show alone will go through the roof.

AFTER THE JUMP, SEE WHAT JOHNNY HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE 'SPIRITUAL' WEDDING SHOWDOWN BETWEEN THE MURPHY & THE EDMONDS FAMILY AND THE REAL REASON EDDIE AND TRACEY JUMPED ON A FIRST CLASS TRIP EN ROUTE TO SPLITSVILLE BEFORE THEY EVEN SET FOOT INTO NEWLYWED TOWN. (AUDIO LINK INCLUDED)

Commenting on reports that Murphy's mother Lillian had bickered constantly with Edmonds' mother throughout the weekend, Gill said Mrs. Murphy was just expressing her belief that the actor was rushing into marriage so soon after the debacle with Scary Spice and amid ongoing issues with his first wife, Nicole. "Eddie has a great level of respect for his mother and his family, just like anybody," Gill told Banks. "And when Mommy finally decided to speak on it, she spoke on it after the ceremony – simply that she felt everything was moving too fast and it didn't feel right. She's not an actress and she was being honest with him." Gill also shed some light on what initially set off Lillian's tirade. "One of Tracey's guests said some things that were inappropriate that triggered everything with the mom, and that's how it all started," he said.

LISTEN TO ENTIRE INTERVIEW

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! LMAO! Johnny wears a nipple ring?!!! JE HEARTBREAK! ROFL!

You know I had already listened to the interview before reading your article. But what I like is that you made it more about Johnny and his quest to prove his manhood than about Eddie and that farce of a marriage he and Tracey tried to pull off. I don't know who they thought they were fooling.

You're funny! I'm glad I found this blog. You have definitely gained yourself faithful reader in me. Can't wait to go through your archives to see what other funny crap you've posted! LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro