Friday, September 19, 2008

PEPA PLANS TO TURN TELL-ALL BOOK INTO A MOTION PICTURE; WANTS ACTRESS MEAGAN GOOD TO PORTRAY HER.


(S-N-P AT PEP'S BOOK LAUNCH PARTY IN NYC; CLICK ON PIC TO SEE FULL IMAGE. )

As if we didn't see this coming. Pepa (real name Sandra Denton), one half of late 80s rap duo Salt-N-Pepa is making plans to turn her recently released tell-all book Let's Talk About Pep into a feature film. Seriously? Wasn't the reality show enough? I found out everything I needed to know just by watching it. Anyway, the film, if it ever sees the light of day, will chronicle Salt-N-Pepa's rise to fame, the group's turbulent breakup and Pepa's abusive relationship/marriage with her former husband and rapper Treach. She says, "Salt (real name Cheryl James Wray) and I talk about that all the time. It's the Salt-N-Pepa story plus my story. Salt was like, 'I haven't gotten to tell my story.' And I was like, 'You'll tell it in a movie.' It's a story that needs to be told. It's that girl-next-door (story) - people would identify with it. It would make a great movie - very juicy." And Denton admits she already has a sexy young actress in mind to play her younger-self: "I would probably have someone play me in the younger years, and I would star as myself. Meagan Good could play me in my younger years. She reminds me of (myself)."

*exhales loudly* Why, girl, why?

Also, no word on if member Deidra "Spinderella" Roper will take part in the movie. Hell, they didn't even include her on their reality show...but that's another post for another time.
....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro