Sunday, September 14, 2008

TONI BRAXTON SAYS HER HEART PROBLEMS WON'T HINDER HER COMPETING IN THIS SEASON OF 'DANCING WITH THE STARS.'

Singer Toni Braxton, who has just been cast to compete in ABC's seventh season of Dancing with the Stars, says she is determined to overcome the fears and anxiety that go along with her illness. “To be honest, I am a little nervous. Just because when I perform, the adrenaline gets pumping. I am a little nervous how my heart is going to feel,” Braxton said on Access Hollywood . And second, am I going to remember my steps because I am so worried about my heart?” Braxton was diagnosed with the heart disease pericarditis five years ago, and had a health scare last April that forced her Las Vegas show "Revealed" to close early. Participating in Dancing with the Stars, she believes, will help her to conquer the apprehension of performing everyday activities – such as climbing stairs – without worrying that she'll experience tightness in her chest. Still, she intends to remain cautious.

“I am not thinking about my blood pressure although my doctor has been on me to check it during rehearsals, so I have to stop and check it,” she added. As far as the competition goes, Toni said she’s not looking for any sympathy votes. “I’m competing with myself because I don’t want to be the victim because people will be like, ‘Toni has heart disease, oh she is a victim,’” she added.

The seventh-season opener will air on Monday, September 22 at 8:00 p.m. when each of the 13 celebrities will perform one of two routines they've prepared.
....

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

that outfit toni is wearing n that picture looks just like something she would wear.


i am worried about her heart condition. all that prancing and dancing around will not be good for her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro