Monday, October 8, 2007

JANET JACKSON TO PEN NEW BOOK CHRONICLING HER INFAMOUS WEIGHT LOSS/GAIN ISSUES.

Pretty soon, Janet Jackson will be able to add author to her career resume. The Pop diva, who can go from overweight to red-carpet ready in several weeks, says she will chronicle the issues behind her dramatic, headline-making weight fluctuations in an upcoming book. "I’m writing a book on my journey of weight loss and weight gain," the 41-year- star said at a press roundtable for Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? "[I'm] really coming from the soul with it, and what I was going through at different times in my life and what possibly brought it about for myself," she says of the yet untitled project. The book is to also include what she did "nutrition-wise" to shed the pounds "when she needed to," but warns, "It's different for everyone."

Last year, Janet had put on 60 lbs, which she said had a debilitating effect on her. "I could not believe how big I was, how heavy I really was. I would see myself in the mirror, but I wouldn't look too often. I didn't want to get used to that image," she told Extra.

Currently dating music producer Jermaine Dupri, 34, twice-divorced Jackson hinted at the possibility of nuptials in their future. "I've done it twice and divorced twice, and the next time I do it – if I do it – I really don't plan on divorcing," she said. "Oh, I pray this doesn't bite me in the butt ... saying this. But they say the third time is a charm." If Jackson decides she's going to the chapel, again, it will be more for love than obligation. "Exchanging vows and finding your soul mate and coming from a more spiritual place is more of the way for me, for myself," she said. "I don’t necessarily need the paper to validate the love that I have for someone.
That's just me though."

And if you're wondering whether she has any marital advice, Miss Jackson says she's not qualified to answer that. "Don't ask me that question. You want to ask somebody who's been married twice and divorced twice?"

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro