Tuesday, November 6, 2007

THROWBACK PICS: MAIA CAMPBELL IN KING MAG; ACTRESS DISHED ON SUGE, SHAQ & JAY-Z.

This girl! Bless her heart. I've always been a fan of her and her mother. But for her to be such a beautiful girl, the craziness she once embraced wasn't a good look at all. I just want her to get better....to get the help her mother so desperately wanted for her before she passed away. Here I was thinking her mental illness had gotten worse within the past couple of years, but low and behold I find this excerpt from her 2002 King magazine interview which proves, at least to me, she'd been a bit off for a while now.

However, that was then, these days, from my understanding, Maia has pulled herself together since the death of her mother, best-selling author Bebe Moore Campbell. Moore Campbell died at the age of 56 on November 27, 2006 from complications related to brain cancer...just one day after Maia's 30th birthday. It's no secret that Maia, who scored the biggest role of her career as 'Tiffany Warren' on UPN's In the House, privately battled drug abuse. Soon as the hit sitcom was canceled, rumors of Maia's drug abuse and erratic behavior around Hollywood began to swarm around the Internet and beyond. In the July 2004 issue of Sister 2 Sister magazine, Maia candidly admitted to abusing drugs while vehemently denying rumors that she's a certified nut job. 'I am not a psycho. There's a rumor going around that I'm a psycho,' Maia told the magazine. The actress's rapid decline into drugs and whispers of the beauty being bi-polar is what some believed was the catalyst that strained her relationship with her mother. And some speculate Bebe's last novel, 72 Hour Hold, was loosely based on her relationship with her daughter.....

CLICK ON THE PIC BELOW to read what Maia had to say about Jay-Z, Shaq and Suge Knight. And don't forget to CHECK OUT THROWBACK PICS OF MAIA'S PHOTOSHOOT IN KING MAGAZINE BY CLICKING 'READ MORE AFTER THE JUMP!' ON THE BOTTOM LEFT.


...Whatever the case may be, Maia says she was able to make peace with her mother before she passed away.And I know from from personal experience (I lost my father to bone cancer in 2005) that a moment like that is a truly welcoming comfort as well as one of the most precious privileges God can ever bestow upon you. Some say Maia has gotten herself together and has become stronger since her mother's untimely death. Maia says she now finds happiness from the love she feels for her family, true friends, her profound belief in God and everything else that makes life worth living, bless her heart. It's true what they say: Loosing a loved one can have one of two effects on a person. Either you'll fall by the wayside something terrible OR you'll get your dusty ass up, brush yourself off and get back on the right track in order to move on with your life.

These days Maia is busy taking care of her young daughter, Elizabeth Elisha Gutierrez (who is named after Maia's mother) and operating her production company, MCC which is a multi-tasked business that provides today's film and television culture with quality entertainment.

It makes me feel good to be able to write such a positive story on her because Lord knows there aren't too many out there. I just hope in the future I can continue to post more inspiring stories involving her.

Let's continue to hope and pray for the best for her.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a shame that someone so pretty in the face could be so loony in the mind.

Anonymous said...

i'on care wut nobody say, that hoe still fine as hell! i'd give it to her however she wants it.

Anonymous said...

Maia Campbell might be crazy.But i still would fuck the shit out of her.I want 2 fuck her in her ass anal style then cum in her face and mouth holla.

go-cali said...

She's in my prayers. It makes me wonder where are people she has worked with like LL, Larenz and Tyrese.

I know she's not their responsibility but damn don't they know somebody who know somebody who know somebody?

J5 said...

go-cali asked why LL Cool J wouldn't step in and help. I for one know that when you are dealing with an addict, they won't respond until they're ready. I bet LL and others have tried to intervene. Good to know that at least he tried to help.

FAMUDiva said...

Boy the ignorant things people say is unreal!

Anyway, those photos are beautiful. I believe she really could have become one of the most sought after actresses had she continued to take her medication and devoted herself to the craft that she once excelled in: acting. It should have been Maia in leading roles that Sanaa, Gabrielle, Nia, Essence and Regina Hall were starring in.

She had so much potential. SGurl looking at one of your ads reminded me when Mai had an endorsement deal with Pantene. I remember seeing her ad in magazines.

Thirdseed said...

We all have our demons. I thank God that she is coming to terms with hers. She still a beautiful young black sista, and for anyone to look down on her cause of her situation needs a self check. Anyone without God and his grace is one step from where she was. I just hope she will continue to get better for herself and her daughter, we have enough torn black families. So Maia keep yo head up and God bless

Anonymous said...

I'm with u thirdseed ppl always gonna down talk ppl even if u have money or not somebody is always gonna have something to say about somebody!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've always love maia campbell she's always was the best at what she did ppl never know what tragedy that happen in her life to make her do what she did and believe me that devil mess is real and he can take over ppl minds if u r weak my son went through the same thing añd thank god he's better:) love u maia campbell and keep up the good work I'm praying for u:)

Maia Campbell said...

Its maia in need of better management andmaiacpbell I was never on crack I was in a dirty scary neighborhood in search of my daughter ..even Halle played the crackhead role to prove her worth to black society. I am mixed heritage and like Jayne Kennedy Irene cara Donna summer Stacey dash lark there is a slim lane for girls of my type you see what they making Zoe saldana do to breakthrough as Nina Simone shout out to Lauren hill please post better pics of me you'll find on maiacampbellstory027 oninstagram and Maia the actress Campbell on IG..don't believe the hype I can rap sing dance act and write I give to the democratic party spelman AME church and African American museums I wrote a book and get offers frequently thank God I just bought a house inatl but still plagued by lies and bad press my daughter and I are sensitive but I'm not whitney I'm maia.. You should be ashamed of yourself for publishing trash.I like sex and have had substance issues but that is human it was never crack tho y'all got nino browns all around stalking me trying to interfere in my life with these headlines . I'm grieving over family losses but still willing to throw down on camera. .follow Maia the actress Campbell on IG and maiacampbellstory027 IG. Thank you for giving me space and privacy to learn and grow. Don't believe this bs and pray for a sista..one

Unknown said...

Love you Ms. Campbell get better sister.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro