Thursday, January 17, 2008

FOXY BROWN BEGS JUDGE FOR AN EARLY RELEASE. SAYS, 'JAIL HAS SHAKEN ME TO MY CORE.'

Looks as if rapper Foxy Brown just can't hang as tough as she thought. Raise your hand if you were surprised. According to reports, the Brooklyn Foxy Brown is appealing to a New York judge to release her from prison early - because she desperately needs treatment for an ear condition that could leave her completely deaf. Brown - real name Inga Marchand - is currently serving a year behind bars for violating her probation after a string of altercations. And while she is not due for release from the Big Apple's Riker's Island prison until September (2008), the 29-year-old is hoping to win over Judge Melissa Jackson with a handwritten letter spanning four pages.

The letter, which was filed late on Tuesday (Jan 15th) at New York State Supreme Court, reads: "I ask you to please take into consideration that my health is in jeopardy. Yes, I've made some bad choices and stupid mistakes. But please understand that sitting in a prison with murderers and criminals is not rehabilitating or what I need to deal with my inner issues." She also admits she has learnt from her troubles: "Up until now, you've only heard about Foxy Brown the artist. I'd like to show you Inga Marchand the beautiful person that my mom raised me to be. Jail has shaken me to my core, and my time away has impacted me greatly."

CONTINUE READING THIS STORY AFTER THE JUMP!

The hip-hop star underwent surgery on her right ear in January 2006, when she had an electronic device implanted to reverse severe hearing loss. And Marchand's lawyer, Laura Dilimetin, adds that the star needs to travel to California for treatment, because that is where the only doctor who has ever successfully treated such a condition is based. Dilimetin adds, "If her hearing is damaged any further, it will affect the way she hears and it will affect the way she sings. It will have dire consequences on her ability to maintain her profession and livelihood."

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro