Monday, May 5, 2008

ASHANTI ON MOTHERHOOD: 'I NEED LIKE, 12 KIDS...I LOVE KIDS.' + NEW PERFORMANCE PICS.

R&B star Ashanti is saving up a fortune so she can semi-retire and play mommy to a dozen kids. The singer/songwriter, who is dating rapper Nelly, admits to having motherhood on her mind, but she wants to amass a small fortune before she becomes a mum - so she can be comfortable financially. The savvy star holds back on buying expensive treats and instead saves the millions she gets from her film and music careers. She says, "I need, like, 12 (kids)... I love kids. I definitely want to get married... I'm so family oriented. I want the big wedding, I want the long marriage, I want kids. (But) I've got to stack my cheese a little bit more... I want to be able to bring my kids into the world nice and comfortable." Ashanti tells Sister 2 Sister magazine she's taking time to learn about how to become a successful businesswoman. She adds, "First of all, you have to read everything. If you can't then you hire someone that you can trust that can help you read every single contract. It's all about your advisors. If you don't know, take a business class."

The 27-year-old singer says she has learned so much, she's now planning to start her own record label, called Written Entertainment.

CHECK OUT PICS OF ASHANTI (WITH HER MAMA RIGHT UP ON HER) CO-HOSTING & PERFORMING AT HOT 97's AFTERWORK PARTY AT CLUB MYST IN MANHATTAN LAST THURSDAY.



....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro