Monday, May 5, 2008

REMY MA SPEAKS FROM JAIL: 'AIN'T NOTHING CHANGED BECAUSE I'M ON THE ISLAND....I'M STILL THE QUEEN OF NEW YORK.'


“Ya’ll already know, May 13 I’m in court. I need ya’ll to come out there and support. Just because 12 people say something, who weren't there, does not mean nothing. I'm not even mad at people. I'm mad at money or what lack of does to people. It's really sad. Ain't nothing changed, because I'm on the Island... (I'm) still the Queen of NY. Don't be mistaken about a jury that was not my peers. There was no tan (or) dark brown, Black - nothing - on that jury. It's a whole conspiracy against rappers right now so I already knew what it was."
--Imprisoned rapper Remy Ma in an interview with DJ Kay Slay from (Rikers Island) on why she expected the jury to return a guilty verdict, claiming they were biased against her skin color and chosen career path. The rapper, who is currently being locked down for 23 hours a day until her sentencing on May 13, 2008, faces up to 25 years behind bars after being convicted of shooting acquaintance Makeda Barnes Joseph in the abdomen following an argument over money outside a club in New York City.

Listen to entire interview by clicking HERE.
.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this chick serious. U is the Queen of Rikers Island. Come out and support you? I must leave my paying job to come and support you. You made your bed, now lay in it. All yall make a little bit of money and start acting the fool and soon as your foolery get you in trouble, you want my support. Chick please.

SouthernGurl said...

I totally agree with both of the above posts. For some rappers, life is like a box of chocolates until they f*uck up royally. Then they swear up and down that their legal woes are the result of being a rapper.

Remy is the Queen of New York....in her livid mind.

Anonymous said...

I heard the interview and it sounds like Remy Ma is in denial. She acts like she is in a mansion right now and the reality hasn't sunk in that she is in jail.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro