Wednesday, November 28, 2007

LL COOL J. GIVES HIS NEW BFF, 50 CENT, PROPS FOR HELPING HIM 'GET HIS MOJO BACK.' MMMMM-HMMMM.

Three words: He gon learn.

Rap veteran LL Cool J. has thanked 50 Cent for helping him "get his mojo back". The star - real name James Todd Smith III - insists he was shocked when the New York rapper - real name Curtis Jackson - called him up to offer some constructive criticism on 2006 LP Todd Smith. But LL Cool J remains adamant the advice helped him get back on track - and even inspired him to hire 50 Cent as co-producer on new album Exit 13 which is set for release in 2008.

He tells MTV.com, "It's an incredible feeling. And you know what? I have to give 50 props for that. If a guy calls you on the phone and says, 'You know what? Your last record was kinda slow and this was a little weak.' It was like, 'Yo, I just thought the record was slow, man, don't mess my LL up.' "It's great. I don't mind having a conversation with a guy who seems to have his finger on the pulse and having a conversation with him and talking with him and seeing if he can push me a little bit and get my mojo back. I didn't feel I fell off, but I felt I was a little bit out of touch with the things I should be thinking about."

Just three months ago, LL had pledged his everlasting love and loyalty to 50 Cent during his chart battle with Kanye West, insisting he planned to buy 10 copies of 50's new album...(i can't remember the title of the album, nor do I feel like looking it up) to ensure he succeeded in beating out West. At the time, LL told the New York Daily News, "I've heard some of Fifty's music, and I'm rooting for him. He's my man and I'm gonna ride with him. Nothing against Kanye, but I'm a team player. This is New York, everybody better be rooting for Fifty."

Man, please.

Oh, well. In the end, that publicity stunt (or not) turned into a a 'too bad, so sad' situation for Curtis...(oh, wait, that's the title of his album! LOL! anywhoo...) since Kanye outsold his ass something proper-like.

3 comments:

**She Said** said...

Did someone record Hip Hop's official time of death?

Anonymous said...

LMAO!

SouthernGurl said...

LOL! @ 'she said'! That's a good one! LMAO! I needed that laugh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro