Monday, June 2, 2008

NEW PICS: LAMMAN RUCKER IN 'BLACK HOLLYWOOD NEWS' MAGAZINE: 'I DON'T CONSIDER MYSELF A SEX SYMBOL, BUT I'LL TAKE THE COMPLIMENT.'

I know you will. Ladies, this is my last post until later on this evening. So what better way to end my morning (I've been up for over 24 hours straight as of this posting and I am tired with a capital "T") than with magazine excerpts and screen-saving worthy scans of Lamman Rucker in Black Hollywood News magazine's May issue? Yes, sir. In his cover story, Rucker discussed just how serious he takes his acting career, his status as Hollywood's (and beyond) newest sex symbol, why he wants everyone to know that there is more to him than 6'4 inches of pure, unadulterated, hardbodied...(ahem) masculine good looks...that there is more to him than meets the eye and whatnot. And for the umpteenth time, Lamman talks about his feelings for the beautiful Jill Scott.

LAMMAN ON THE CHALLENGES OF LANDING DIVERSE ROLES AS A BLACK ACTOR AND BEING TYPECAST: "It could go either way as a white actor. I think my challenge has been my look. Most of the actors you see look like little boys and girls. My look in my everyday life does not translate in my professional life. I don't meet the industry standards look. But, I also think at the same time, that has been my niche because you're not seeing as many African-Americans that look like me....No one likes to be typecast, but I like to believe that the attention I get is for my acting. At the end of the day, I can't complain." Bless his humble heart! Mama and Papa Rucker must be so proud! So, just check out the pictures of Mr. Rucker below and yall have a yourselves a Happy Monday!



PHOTOS BY JOHN HARTIGAN
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE NEWS ON LAMMAN RUCKER ON BLACKCELEBRITYMEN.BLOGSPOT.COM!)

And to read details on Lamman's next movie, Incomplete, that he starts filming tomorrow, check out the Willie Macc's post somewhere on this page. Also, Lamman is still touring with the stage play Webeime which translates as We, Be I, Me where he plays one of eight black men encompassing the experience of one man on death row.

FIND OUT WHAT'S UP WITH LAMMAN'S ADORATION FOR JILL SCOTT AFTER THE JUMP!

As for his relationship with Scott, well, upon entering the studio to conduct his interview, Rucker hightailed his ass to a stereo, popped in Jill's latest Grammy-award winning album The Real Thing: Words And Sounds Vol. 3 and pressed repeat on the song, My Love, 4 times throughout his interview...while singing the lyrics! When asked by the interviewer about whether or not he's dating Scott, Rucker laughed, blushed and then replied, 'You know the answer to that!' Finally, when Lamman refused to answer the other Jill questions with a simply 'yes' or 'no' answer, the interviewer drew up his or her own conclusion as a 'no.' Well, I damn sure don't know and right about now, I'm too damn tired to even begin to even think about...you know what? I can't even think no more.

For more info on what's supposedly the really real on Jilly Jill's alleged other man, click HERE


CLICK HERE TO READ MORE NEWS ON LAMMAN RUCKER ON BLACKCELEBRITYMEN.BLOGSPOT.COM!)

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes Jesus! There ain't nothing like a good cup of joe and an eyefull of Lamman 'sheriff troy' rucker eye candy. Thank you so much SGurl. I thought you weren't coming back. You were gone for 2 weeks! Thanks for starting my week off right. yes, yes, yes. I love Lamman's work as an actor but I love watching him on screen while he does he acting thang even more.

SouthernGurl said...

I knew you'd enjoy it, FamuDiva! It's as if you have these sensors that go off in your fingertips letting you know that Lamman is being talked about on this website! Girl you got a gift! LOL!

Anonymous said...

This just what I needed to see and read this morning to keep from snapping one of these cracker's necks in two. It's funny how a image and some words can put you in a good mood when you feel like spazzing out of control on your co-workers. Gurl, you and Lamman saved some white person's soul today. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Yummy Lishus!! Thank you Lord for that this morning!

Anonymous said...

That is one nice looking man...I'm hatin on Jill. I liked him on half and half!

Anonymous said...

6"4 and thick? Lord take me now!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but I have to say it THAT IS ONE FINE AZZ MAN & I WOULD LOVE TO WAKE UP NEXT TO ALL THAT CHOCOLATE. Sorry PSG but I could not control myself

Anonymous said...

I thought she was dating her drummer...

Anonymous said...

I had planed that - When I was dating that's the man I was waiting to take home to mom WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS!... My mom use to claim she wanted me to "lighten up the family" I'd bring his azz home and she'd be like: Hi son, well aren't you perfect. When you gon marry my daughter? With a cheesy azz grin.

Then she'd started finding excuses to touch him. lol.

Anonymous said...

You couldn't tell me shyt if I had that man on my arm. I would make sure I put the clink on him and fast.

Anonymous said...

he is soooo fckable

Anonymous said...

SO damn Handsome! Go On Jill!!!!

Anonymous said...

His roomate Poncho Hodges is 6'9, BLACK, and THICK too. Go to www.ponchohodges.com. That's a good friend of mine. Really nice guy.

Anonymous said...

well dayum!! He's fine!!! Who IS this dude?!?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Yummy

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. But I thought he and Jill were just friends? Am I wrong? If not, Go Jill!

Unknown said...

^^^I believe Jill is dating her drummer boy, (click the link to read the story). Lamman's a very smart man. He's knows how to get folks talking! I personally feel he and Jill are just great friends.

Anonymous said...

If this is true, I ain't even mad at Jill. Wow! Mama hit a home run on the looks department and if he's nice too, GO ON JILL wit cha bad self! Loved them in Why Did I Get Married.

Anonymous said...

She is dating her drummer, John Roberts Jr. aka Lil John!!

Anonymous said...

Yummmmy he is So Crown Royal on ice!!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Jill still very much with her drummer?

Anyway, I know Lamman and he's a REAL cool dude...and JUST as fine in person.

Anonymous said...

*The things I would do to that man*

Anonymous said...

Mmm. You would have to lock this one down ladies. Make sure when you put it on him, you put him in a coma.

Anonymous said...

Nice sexy brotha hope he ain't on the dl!

Anonymous said...

Jill probably got both those dudes in her stable. I can see her 40 years from now telling her grandkids the story of how she was torn between two beautiful men. lol

What does the drummer dude look like?

Anonymous said...

He's a goofy. He's phine though. But Jill Scott?

He must be playing hero to "Lizell in E flat"

Anonymous said...

He sounds like he is OPEN.. and it sounds like Jill is having fun! LOL!!! Get it Jill!!

Anonymous said...

I've never wanted to be anyone else but myself but...I wouldn't mind trading places with Jill Scott for a day or two.

Anonymous said...

She isn't dating Laman, she is seriously dating John (lil John) Roberts now.

Anonymous said...

@ 1st I was like 'who is this gut that SBG is on love with?'. So i check imdb, he is the man who was dating Mona on"Half & Half" [damn upn for cancelling that good show!]

@Toni Childs: lol @ your name choice

@over it: hell NAW Ms jilly from Philly aint dating that trash. All that crap in his mouth & his unkept locs... no way!

SouthernGurl said...

^^kunta, you a trip! LOL!

VALERIE A. TAYLOR said...

OCTOBER 6, 1971:The Day You Were Born <*TO FIND MR RIGHT, YOU HAVE TO BECOME MS RIGHT>
**When Libra arrives,Autumn is here
It's time to look into the mirror.
Don't be depressed,don't fake a smile. Accept it all, make it your style. THIS is YOUR MARK of the truly Great Man, HE faces HIS TRUTH, he does what he can, So use your charm, your gift for pleasure, LIVE every moment, LIFE IS A TREASURE.

OCTOBER 6 1971:Like a seed that holds the potential of a life waiting to unfold, the day you were born contains the secret of your (OUR) destiny.
THIS IS MY LIFE. IT IS MY ONE TIME TO BE ME. I WANT TO EXPERIENCE EVERY GOOD THING.

*EVEN IF YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE ME I'M STILL HERE* it's me...your FUTURE.

CONTACT:
VALENTINE515@EXCITE.COM
BUSINESS: 803-940-5384

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro