Thursday, July 10, 2008

WILL SMITH STILL DISAPPOINTED OVER OSCAR LOST FOR 'THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS.'

Will Smith says he is still disappointed he missed out on an Oscar for his role in The Pursuit of Happyness, because he was convinced it was "my time". And to be honest, I agree with him 100%! That movie really touched me. But I digress. Anyhoo, unfortunately, Smith has received two Best Actor Academy Award nominations to date - for Ali in 2001, and again for the 2006 drama, but still went home empty handed. Bless his heart. He was beaten to the podium in 2002 by Denzel Washington - for his role in the critically-acclaimed Training Day - and he and lost out to Forest Whitaker's Last King of Scotland portrayal at the 2007 Academy Awards.

But Smith admits it was Whitaker's win that upset him the most. He says, "Denzel took it for Training Day; fantastic film. When you can get nominated and invited to the (Oscars) party, it's huge. (But) I can always tell when things aren't right for me at the time; I didn't feel like that was the time. But, for Pursuit of Happyness, I actually felt like it was my time and I still didn't win it! I was like, 'Hey, it's my time! Wait, hold on, that other boy's taken my thing!'"

Lord, the dude has become the Susan Lucci of the Academy Awards.
.....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro